Question regarding Service by Publication

Dear javaking66:

Greetings. You are not supposed to use service by publication until you have exhausted all other methods, so I would tell you no. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I agree and that is why I will be sending the certified mail. And if he does not accept it, I will try again to send the certified mail. if he does not accept it again then I will pursue the publication route. But if I do all this one after one another it will atleast 2 weeks before I will be able to put in the newspaper.

If I do it parellely then by the end of 2 weeks I would already carried the ad. in newspaper twice and I will have to only wait for 1 week. And in the meanwhile if he accepts the certified i will totally drop the idea of taking the publication route.

Does it make sense? Did I confuse you?

Dear javaking66:

Greetings. Just because you don’t like my answer does not mean that I am confused. No, you must FIRST exhaust the other methods of service - certified mail and service by Sheriff - BEFORE you serve by publication. Service by publication is a last resort. Just because you want this to go faster does not mean that you can bend the rules to make it go faster.

Now, all that may sound harsh, but the bottom line is that you want to do it right the first time. Best of luck…and stop worrying, I am sure you will be divorced soon enough!

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I highly appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your help. You have been very very helpful.

Dear javaking66:

Thank you. Good luck with your divorce…as I can tell that you are anxious to obtain it! Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

Is it ok if I run the ad in newspaper and send the certified mail simultaneously to my husband to serve the summons.

This way I can save some time if the I am not able to serve him via certified mail. As I would have already ran the ad. in newspaper I will be able to save some time of the 3 weeks requirement for Service via Publication.