Can I add to this question and ask if there is an even shorter version of the d-i-y divorce method? Specifically I heard something about a summary judgement divorce. What is that?

Your spouse can file a waiver of time, however this is only successful about half the time. Most of the time, the judge will still require you to complete the 30 day waiting period.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am doing a Do-It-Yourself divorce. My STBX has agreed to waive the 30 day waiting period, that comes after he is served with complaint or summons. Is there a form that he has to fill out and where do i get it from so we can have th 30day period waive and go on to setting the date for the divorce hearing. Thanks