Quick divorce

Hello. I recently told my husband I wanted a divorce. We have not had relations in almost 5 years, married for 4. Due to various factors I came to this decision. What is the quickest way I can proceed to divorce?

The only way you can obtain an absolute divorce in NC is to separate and live separate and apart from your husband.

You are eligible to receive an absolute divorce when you can meet all 4 requirements:
(1) The person filing the absolute divorce action has been a resident of the State of NC for the 6 months prior to filing.
(2) You and your spouse had a valid marriage.
(3) You and your spouse have lived continuously separate and apart for at least 1 year.
(4) One of you separated with the intent to remain separate and apart.