Quitclaim forms


Could someone please advice how I can give my estranged husband deed to the home? I ordered a legal NC Quitclaim form. Is it as easy as getting it notorized and taking it down to the Register of Deeds? Do I contact the mortgage company?



Are you paying on the mortgage?
Signing a quitclaim does NOT absolve you from the mortgage. If you’re on the mortgage, you’re still liable for payments. The only way to get out of those payments is for your estranged husband to refinance the home into his own name only.


A quitclaim deed is a legal instrument, I advise you to seek counsel and have an attorney draw this up for you.