Representation

Dear javaking66:

Greetings. It sounds to me like you have a very specific situation and you are asking questions which require substantial research. Therefore I will only answer about representation, and tell you to consult with an immigration attorney for the other questions. I think you meant defendant (not dependent).

The Defendant may represent himself through sending a written Answer, making a personal appearance, or hiring an attorney. We often represent clients from other states and some from foreign countries who cannot be here for all hearings. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Even if the defendent represents himself with a written answer, eventually in order for the trial to occur he has to either present himself or hire an attorney. Correct?

I mean he just cannot keep on sending written answers without he coming here himself or hiring an attorney Correct?

Dear javaking66:

Greetings. Yes, you are correct.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
RosenDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thank you very much. You have been so much helpful to me.

Thank you very much for your help and undivided attention

Am I correct in assuming that the only way the dependent can represent himself in the court is via Personal apperance or By hiring an attorney on his behalf?

The reason I ask this is because my husband is not in USA currently. And since his visa will be expiring very soon he will not be able to enter USA after that. So the only way he can represent himself is by hiring a local attorney or coming to US (by getting a new visa). Correct?

Will he sending a letter to court saying that he will prejudiced by the judgement create a problem for me in terms of prolonging the judgement or the judge asking me to arrange his arrival in USA?