Can I represent myself for a sep/div?

Dear Babyluvs1958:

Greetings. I would tell you that our website provides a lot of information on divorce in North Carolina, but it is not the same as going to law school and learning the rules of court, the rules of civil procedure, how to research, how to brief cases, and all the other wonderful things lawyers are trained in. My suggestion is that you talk to an attorney to see what they can do for you. There are many options to help you obtain funds from your spouse in a timely and efficient manner. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hi I am trying to find all I can out on sep/div on if I can represent myself in court to get this legal with out paying a lawyer…As I previously stated my husband of 17 yrs has left the kids and I for another woman…I need to seek to make it legal thru the courts what all he is responsible for while I have no money till he feels what money to give me…