Response to Civil Summons

I have been separated over a year and have been served the Civil Summons with the complaint. It says to send a copy of my written answer to the plaintiff or plaintiff’s attorney. It also says to file the original of the written answer with the Clerk of Superior Court. Is there a form that is used for this response? Also, is there a charge to file this with the court?

There is not a form response. Your answer will need to admit or deny each of the Plaintiff’s allegations, and include any counterclaims you may have. There is no fee to file an answer or answer and counterclaim.