Separated over 14 months

My husband resides in our joint home in NC . During the course of the last 14 months while I have resided in CA, I have sent 2 separation agreements to my husband which he has declined to sign or negotiate . I was asking for either spousal support (I am 66 and have been on SS disability since 2014) He works and has a pension plus SS. Or equity in the home . If I use your online monthly divorce service am I committed to a full year at $199 a month up front ? And would divorce paperwork be the starting point ? I just want to move on without giving up everything. I’m asking for nothing in the home other than personal belongings and to keep my car that he bought me

What is the average wait time for a response? thanks

Our Rosen Online Service is $199 a month for however long you need it. Once you are finished with your divorce case, you can cancel the subscription. This can be a great resource to handle your divorce issues without spending thousands of dollars to retain a lawyer, and Rosen Online provides you with a library of forms an an attorney for you to ask questions.

If your husband is refusing to cooperate with a separation agreement, then the next step would to be file a court action against him for equitable distribution, absolute divorce, and alimony if you are requesting it. You would file in the county in which your husband resides.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you. Do I need an attorney to file an equitable distribution with alimony ?

No, you can represent yourself or you can use our Rosen Online service for help as you represent yourself.

Take a look at our Sample Court Complaint to use as a template as your draft your own.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.