Separation Agreement - Need Help!

I have been Divorced now for about 10 years and I recently went to the Wake County Clerk office to get copies of my Divorce. I found out that the Divorce was filed but not the Separation Agreement, which states the diversification of properties and most importantly the Child Support. This Agreement was prpared by her lawyer at the time.

Question; Does the Separation Agreement need to be Filed with the County Clerk since it describes the Child Support etc… If so, what does it mean if she did not.

Thanks, I look forward to your help!


Separation agreements are rarely filed as part of the divorce process. Regardless, they are still contractual and binding to the parties.

No, separation agreements re not be filed with the court, and are fully enforceable.