Separation out of country

My wife and I have been separated since july of last year, and both mutually come to the agreement of getting a divorce. She lives in England and I have moved up to the D.C. area. Can I just send her the papers to sign? And do I have to make arrangements to go back down to NC to go to court, or is there another option?

-Zack Davis

Since you have moved to the DC area, you are ineligible to request an NC court to grant you a divorce, the NC courts lack jurisdiction to hear the matter.

You must file for divorce in DC as NC requires that one party be a resident of this state for 6 months prior to commencing the action for divorce.