Separation - Reconcile - Separation again


Dear Jay:

Greetings. You need to start over from ground zero. If she lies to the court in the complaint you must tell the judge the truth in an answer.

As far as the house is concerned, it depends on what your separation agreement says concerning reconciliation and the enforcement of the agreement. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife and I separated two years ago. We reconciled and were living together again for six months and now she wants to be separated again.

She wants to use the original separation agreement again because it is very much in her favor. Can she do this in any way , shape or form?

Do we have to start over from ground zero?

I signed over the house to be put in her name in the first agreement. Is that back on the table now since we reconciled and everything in it?

Jay Spoor