Separation & Seeing others?

The date of separation begins when (1) Husband and Wife live separate and apart physically, and (2) their physical separation is accompanied by the intent to cease matrimonial cohabitation. After the year separation requirement has been met, you may file for divorce. Before you file for divorce, I would advise consulting with an attorney.
You may “date” someone else after the separation, but be aware that legally you are still married and if you have sexual relations you may be sued for criminal conversation. If you want to learn more about Criminal Conversation, you can go to our website.

quote:
Originally posted by marksoup

My wife and I have been living in separate domiciles since June 29th of this year. She now resides with my daughter in GA and I live in NC. The two of us signed a hand written paper stating that she and I agreed to live separately due to irreconcilable differences and we both have a copy. It is not notarized or signed by any other parties.

Does this document have any legal value when to comes to a separation and the time when a separation between two starts?

Also, during our separation period, is one or the other allowed to

Thanks Adrian. If the wife and husband agree within a separation agreement to allow each other to pursue/date others during the separation period, will that allow the relations with others to be legal?

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by adavis
The date of separation begins when (1) Husband and Wife live separate and apart physically, and (2) their physical separation is accompanied by the intent to cease matrimonial cohabitation. After the year separation requirement has been met, you may file for divorce. Before you file for divorce, I would advise consulting with an attorney. You may "date" someone else after the separation, but be aware that legally you are still married and if you have sexual relations you may be sued for criminal conversation. If you want to learn more about Criminal Conversation, you can go to our website.
quote:
Originally posted by marksoup
My wife and I have been living in separate domiciles since June 29th of this year. She now resides with my daughter in GA and I live in NC. The two of us signed a hand written paper stating that she and I agreed to live separately due to irreconcilable differences and we both have a copy. It is not notarized or signed by any other parties.

Does this document have any legal value when to comes to a separation and the time when a separation between two starts?