It depends on how the contract was drafted; agreements are sometimes drafted to say that reconciliation of the parties won’t affect the terms of the contract as they relate to property, or that the contract can’t be altered by anything other than another signed contract.

Amy K. Kirkhum
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Is separation contract broken if husband has ask wife to come back to work things out?`They are now living together as husband and wife. Is anything that has been notarized now broken,such as distribution of propety, child custody. He is now talking to his (ex) girlfriend continuously on the phone and neglecting his wife and children. What can be done?