Service of Process by Mail outside of the US

I picked up a packet of forms at the 26th Judicial District Self Serve Center. My question deals with the Service of Process by Registered Mail. It states “Service of Process by certified or registered mail can be completed within the state, but within the US, by mailing a copy…”. My wife is living out of the US in the Philippines, can I still send it by registered mail? Does she have to sign the Defendant’s answer to the Divorce Complaint and Waiver and the Defendant’s Acceptance of Service of Process? Does the NC Court accept an out of county Notary seal? Can I scan and email forms for her to sign rather than mail or do I need original documents?

Yes, you can still send it by registered mail. If she is willing to sign an acceptance of service before a notary (or the equivalent there), that would also work.