Signed Separation Agreement


I now have a signed and noterized Separation Agreement and Property Settlement. What is the next legal step? Do I need to have it entered into the court system? If so, what are the procedures and paperwork required?


The agreement need not be entered anywhere, it is valid and binding as it is. If you plan to buy real property before you are divorced you will need to have a copy of your agreement recorded with the register of deeds in the county where you are purchasing land before the closing.