Filing papers


if i do a diy separation and property settlement agreement,and get it notarized with both our signatures. do i then need to file it in the county clerks office? it will be uncontested


No, you do not file separation agreements in this state. They are binding under contract law once fully executed. You do not file them in order to be separated. You are separated as soon as one of you has moved out of the marital residence with the intention of remaining separate and apart. Once you file for divorce (after the year of separation), you can incorporate your SA into your divorce if you choose to. Most people do not, and the SA remains binding under contract law.