Sought Legal Advice

The process you are going through is one filled with uncertainty and it is normal for you to feel confused and scared. Have you tried participating in any support groups withj others in your same situation?

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I hope you’re keeping a journal, tape recording this (and yes, that is admissable in court, so long as you’re aware that you’re recording, if it were a third party recording both of you and you were both unaware, it would not be admissable) and ensuring you have everything down. Keeping a journal and documenting everything is huge and can/will be used against your ex. I’d file a no contact order with these threats, that your ex can only contact you through you’re attorney. What you’re experiencing is harrassment, plain and simple. You should be able to get a no contact order easily.

In regards to the ex giving me an ammendent to our existing agreement in regards to changing the custody schedule, decreasing the alimony and communicating threats. Basically I was told that I’m golden until serviced with a civil summons or complaint. My attorney is writing a formal letter on my behalf indicating that I am not signing his proposal and that if the threats do not stop then I will seek criminal charges. She asked me how he would respond and if it will make matters worse. How can it get worse than constantly being told that the checks will stop, I’m going to take you out, I’m going to plan drugs in your house and have you raided, I’m going to make your son hate you forever, I’m going to burn you, you are a bitch, pieace of ****, poor white trash, etc… so I think it is the right thing to do. And now to top it off using our son as a weapon. She did tell me to participate in T-ball because that could look bad on me if I don’t. And it looks good that I am the one that got the ex the coach posisiton in the first place and got him involved. I do feel better, but I still feel sad, confused and scared.