Souse left2


It’s called desertion. If you have assets like you say, you are going to need an attorney to make sure you don’t get screwed. Consider divorce from bed and board; this website has enough information to help you get started.


No documentation is required to prove separation. Your testimony, under oath, at the time of divorce, is sufficient to prove separation.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


i would also like to know exactly what sorta documentation is needed to confirm the date my spouse left and the fact that she drew up an instrument stateing she had no intention of abandoning her//our assets and wanted me to sign it …i declined as it seemd that if i did she could stay gone for years and i would just be stuck w// a house full of all OUR belongings as well 3 cars NONE of which i can sell as they’re in both our names…plz help…going on 3 mos since she left