Spousal Support on my part

I have been married for a little over a year and i havent been the best husband. My husband and i were on a social app looking for friends and he and i both were having hidden conversations with other people. my husband deleted his and so did I but i remained in contact with someone i had met on the app. Him and i were just friends and hung out a time or two for lunch as he lives near my work. well a few weeks ago my husband asked me did the socail app guy and i trade pictures and i said no that we were just friends. Well my usband found out i had lied. However my husband has also traded pics with someone but told me about it. Neither of us have physical had sexual contact with these people.

My question is would i have to pay my husband spousal support for lying about a few pictures.

P.S. neither one of us sign a prenuptial agreement.

Based on the information you have provided, it is not likely that you would have to pay alimony unless you are the supporting spouse and your spouse is the dependent spouse. And even then, an alimony award to your spouse is likely to be short-term.

The purpose of alimony is to allow the dependent spouse to maintain the accustomed standard of living as was during the marriage. There are many factors that go into an alimony award, including length of marriage and the occurrence of illicit sexual behavior.

Generally a one-year marriage is not enough time to establish an accustomed standard of living. Further, your spouse must be able to prove that you partook in at least one act of illicit sexual behavior during the marriage and that your spouse did not. So exchanging pictures is not enough.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.