Spouse dragging feet


also, if the divorce causes a Tenancy in Common, is she on the hook to pay 1/2 of the expenses in order to maintain her share? or if he stays in the house long enough, can he get the right to possession (squatter’s rights?)

Maybe I’m way off base here…thanks.


I know a lady who’s ex is dragging his feet with a sep agreement. They’ve been separated for two yrs and he has no motivation to get it done.

She has an atty, but not used him because she was trying to go the mediation route. They cannot come to terms on home equity.

Can she just file and divorce him without his cooperation? then either sue him for 50% equity or get it when/if he sells the house? When they divorce, will they still own the house as tenants by entirety or tenants in common? Thanks.