Substancial Change in Circumstance

Several months into a custody agreement and my children are already dissatisfied with the amount of time we currently have together. My oldest 12 is depressed and has verbally expressed her discontent with the lack of time we have together. She wants equal time with each parent and is more than willing to have that conversation with a judge to state her opinion.
Would I be successful 3 months into the consent order to file for a “change in circumstance” to modify the order on custody time?

You will likely not have enough to file for a modification of a custody order unless the other parent agrees to a modification. This is due to the short time period the order has been in place, the order was entered by consent, and a substantial change of circumstances has likely not occurred. You can modify a court order any time there has been a substantial change in circumstances affecting the wellbeing of the children.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.