Summer vacation


Assuming you have a child support order, you could seek a modification, if the change in custody would warrant a lower level of support. However, keep in mind, child support is determined using current income numbers and if you choose to recalculate the support amount, you would need to do so with up to date data, such as income for you and your ex. Also, if you have an agreement for support, it may be that your original agreement varied from the guidelines, or otherwise dictates your obligation over the NC guideline amount.

Be sure to see our web site’s child support calculator.

Deborah M. Throm
Rosen Law Firm
1829 E. Franklin Street, Bldg. 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.265.0017 direct
919.321.0780 main voice

4101 Lake Boone Trail
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.256.1544 direct
919.787.6668 main voice

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
704.644.2531 ext. 100


I was awarded my son during the whole summer vacation except the last 2 weeks before school, I was also informed during that time frame which is about 62 days, I would still have to pay the full child support, is this legal?