Summer Visitation

If both parties can agree on changing visitation without going to court you can just have that written up and sign and notarize it. If either party doesn’t agree then you will end up filing a motion to modify custody, going through mediation and then on to court.

If the two of you agree that can certainly be changed. If you do not agree you could file a motion to modify and address this issue in front of the court, this is certainly something that the court will consider.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I have a question in regards to summer visitation. My husband and I are teachers and have the summer off. The order that both parties signed said that my husband would have two non-consecutive weeks during the summer, this was when the child was 6 months old. He will be 2 and 1/2 this summer, could it be changed where the minor child stays with my husband due to him not working, rather being in a day care when he is with the mother. (Currently, the child stays one week and one weekend a month with us)