Technical question

In North Carolina this would matter but could be easily corrected. I do not know if the situation would be different in MN.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My lawyer’s assistant make a mistake on my husband name and she said is not a problem but I want to be sure.

They have the same mistake en the first divorce paper but I ask the to fix it before I signed.
I am the petitioner, and they are missing the “Jr” on my husband name on the forms they send for the default hearing (the form that said “Default Scheduling Request” under “Court file no.” is correct, but the one that says “Findings of fact, conclusions of law, order for judgment and judgment and decree” do not have the full name under “In re the marriage of:” or under the “Findings of fact number II”

Its that a problem, I moved after the petition and now I live in another estate and will need to travel back for the hearing, and do not want to have any problems for that detail.

This is NOT NC, I hope is not a difference (MN).

Thanks in advance for you help.