Temp child custody addendum

If you are talking about a consent order signed by the judge and filed with the court, that is a valid modification of the order. Parties can agree to modify a judges order.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Unfortunately, it is Friday and I cannot get in touch with my attorney. The problem pertains to this weekend. My ex’s atty has called telling me that it is ok to change visitation dates even though attached to my 50-B is a Temporary Child Custody Addendum AOC-CV-306A stating every other weekend supervised visitation (his weekend was last weekend and he called at the last minute stating the person who was supposed to supervise the visit couldn’t and besides he had to go to the beach to “work”). As I read it it is an addendum and it is attached and incorporated into the 50-B therefore becoming a part of it and subject to all of the stipulations therein. **** Would I be violating the order if changes are made?***** It does specifically say that “Only the Court can change this order. The plaintiff cannot give you permission to violate this order.”

Thank you in advance for the advice. It has always proved helpful in the past.