The next step

I want a divorce from my husband of eight years because of his infidelity, I am currently unemployed and we live in NC where I don’t have any family or friends. We have three children (8,4,1 yrs old). He won’t leave the house that we share and I can’t continue to live this way. What are my options? Will I hurt my case if I took the kids and move to another state (near family) with them?

If you leave the state without having a custody action pending, your husband could file complaint and an emergency motion for child custody based on you fleeing the jurisdiction. Even if he won’t move out, you need to discuss the custody situation and try to put an agreement or order in place before leaving.