- is there another means of divorce other than an absolute divorce?
- how do I proceed without a settlement agreement if I’ve been served with divorce paperwork?
- can I file a counter-complaint for divorce?
- how do I address retirement benefits?
- what other issues must I address in the beginning so that I do not lose the right to request it later
If you have been sued for absolute divorce you MUST file a counterclaim for equitable distribution (and alimony if you are so entitled) or you will lose your right to receive a portion of your spouse’s retirement benefits as all property becomes the separate property of the title owner upon divorce.