Vehicle Title Issue

My spouse decided to separate and move out of state. We have a separation agreement, however, it does not specifically state my vehicle is mine. The title has both of our names on it. How can I get her name off of it? I only can text or email her. I have no idea what city or where she is. I would like to sell the vehicle.

You will need to locate her so she can sign the title so you can sell it. Otherwise, you’ll need to check with NC DMV.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.