Very Nervous

the truth is an absolute defense against any charge of libel or slander.

3 years is the limitation but since your still together I doubt you
can prove the case and it would cost $60k to do. Perhaps it would be
easier to get a no contact order (50c) and just claim the woman is haressing you. if you are truly worried about this woman move.

From the dictionary on this site…
"To succeed on an alienation claim, the plaintiff has to show that (1) the marriage entailed love between the spouses in some degree; (2) the spousal love was alienated and destroyed; and (3) defendanta

Hi,

I asked this question a while ago and never really got an answer, probably because of the unusual nature. My wife and I were friends with a community leader for several years. I discovered last year that this individual had an affair with my wife. As it turns out, after a lot of therapy, this individual forced themself on my wife. This individual is a woman.

This woman has also had numerous affairs with her clients and other community leaders. My wife and I discovered this through incriminating emails that were left at our house by this individual and by this woman’s own admission. Her own marriage ended several months ago. This woman has threatened to sue me if we “tell” on her. I have already run through the usual shock, disgusted, angry emotions that one would have after learning this information.

My wife has been receiving emails from this woman lately to the point where I had to block her email. Again, this woman uses veiled threats in her emails and makes it sound as if we did something wrong. I feel that there are ulterior motives behind these emails.

I feel now that I am dealing with a sociopath. This woman is very charming and smart. Nonetheless, she is also very manipulative, conning and has absolutely no conscience. I feel that I need to protect my family.

My question is what is the statue of limitations for alientaion of affection/criminal conversation. Does the clock start from the date of discovery (when I first learned of this) or when the incident first started? Also, my wife and I are still together. Does that make a difference. Can she even be sued for Alienation of Affection? Do I have a claim for anything else? This woman is very paranoid and it is getting me a little worried because she is the type of person that would bring herself down to see someone else suffer. Thank you for any help or suggestions you can give or anyone. Thank you.