Wait 3 years to modify order

It is my understanding to change visitation order there must be a change in circumstances…However, I also heard it is possible to seek a modification after 3 years of the last court order without necessarily a change in circumstances. Is that true?

To learn changing custody and visitation review our article. It should be able to answer any questions you may have; it discusses both the legal grounds for modification of a custody order and the standards the judge will use. There is no three year rule; there is such a rule for child support, but not for child custody.