Walk away without separation agreement

My wife just took my kids moved to somewhere I don’t know. She had an affair and we were about to separated but she ran away without saying anything or agreement. What are my options to get my kids back?

You will need to file a custody lawsuit against her and possibly an ex parte emergency custody motion, particularly if she left the State of NC with the children. You will need to locate an address for her so you can serve her with the custody lawsuit.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.