What am i entitled to?

Dear sicily615:

Greetings. There may be some marital equity in the marital residence, but due to the short length of the marriage, it may not be much. Best to consult an attorney and have them review the entire marital estate and all the figures for you. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I were living together before we were married in a house that he purchased before our marriage. During the few months I lived with him, we began some renovations 3 months BEFORE we were married totaling about $100,000. Those renovations concluded about a month AFTER we got married. We then separated 4 months later because he was cheating on me with several different women he met on the internet. I have tons of proof. He is now he is selling the house. Am I entitled to anything? We were only married about 4 months and I did not contribute anything financially to the renovations. he now wants me to sign a Free Trader Agreement giving him the freedom to sell this home and buy a new home.