Equity of home?

Dear Louise:

Greetings. Yes, you are entitled to the marital equity in the marital residence. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I was married for almost 3 years, during which time we purchased a home in which we lived and a rental property, also several big ticket items,cars,Rv,etc. During a heated argument my husband told me to get out and not come back, and I left. He has told me that I am not entitled to anything because everything he purchased he claims was either from money he inherited or money from the sale of a house he owned prior to our marriage. During the marriage I quit a good job at my husbands request, he futher states because I didnt make any of the house payments, it is stupid of me to think I should get any of the equity of the house. I do not feel it is right for me to walk away with nothing-is he correct?