What constitutes neglect?

I meant to title this post ‘What constitutes contempt?’…

Dear jaysdad:

Greetings. Why are you unable to contact your attorney? Is the attorney in our office?

Do you have an order or a separation agreement?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I’ve been unable to contact the attorney who handled my case and I’m really curious what can be done to protect myself.

My divorce was final in May, with shared legal custody of our five year old son. Our relationship remains tense, primarily involving financial issues and issues pertaining to her work schedule as a flight attendant. When a disagreement occurs between us she throws everything at me, including the kitchen sink. She threatens to prevent visitation, to move, curses me, etc. A notable recent event involved her sending embarrassing documents to my supervisor in an effort to have me fired. She then threatened more of the same unless I make myself available for visitation with no advance schedule.

What can I do to rein her in?