What form to use to extend court date

Thank you for the fast response on my previous questions.

  1. I am no longer in the state and am concerned that I may not be able to get to the first hearing on time (no money, no job)
  2. is there a way I can extend the date of court hearing, what form do I ask the clerk for? or:
  3. can I just send a response to the allegations directly to her lawyer?

Once you have been served you may file a motion requesting an extension of time to file your answer and counterclaim. The document must be sent to her lawyer and filed with the court. I strongly suggest you consult with an NC attorney to review the documents you are served with before you proceed.