What to do

Here the 10,00ft view.

I am currently married and I just do not have it in me anymore. Been married for 11 years, but have been unhappy for the last 4 years. Our relationship started out good, but now we have grown apart. We do not do things together; mainly cause she is heavily involved with her church and I am not a a big church person. She currently is unemployed and although she says she is looking for work have not found one. This is how its been for the last 5+ years and quite frankly I am physically and emotionally tired. We have three children so I know child support is a given and have absolutely not problem with that. I am not heartless, so I wont leave at this moment, but I don’t want to drag it on further either. We hardly speak to each other… My questions is what are my options in regards to separation and divorce? Will I have to pay alimony?

Yes, given the situation you describe, you will most likely have to pay alimony. Commonly the duration would have to be 1/2 the length of the marriage, and the amount per month would be predicated on your salary as well as a few other factors. You will have to be separated for one year prior to filing for divorce. If the two of you can come to an agreement as to child support, child custody, debt/asset division (ED), and alimony, it might be easiest, best to set that down in a separation agreement. But, remember that once you have signed a sep agreement, it will stand as a separate private contract.

Probably your best bet would be to consult with an attorney to find out the best way to proceed prior to separation.

You are a supporting spouse and will likely have some alimony obligation. You may leave the residence to initiate a separation, however, I would advise you to consult with an attorney regarding the specifics of your case before moving out.