Which County do I use & where on the forms?

I am going to file for an uncontested divorce. I have all the paperwork done but have a question please. I live in Mecklenburg County. I would like to file in Union County. Both are in North Carolina. I was told I can do this but am a little confused as to when I use Union County and when I use Mecklenburg County on the forms. Can you help me with this please? I would go to Mecklenburg to file but the city is so busy and I am afraid I would get lost. Union County is much smaller. I did call Union County Court house to be sure I can file there and they said yes., even though I live in Mecklenburg County.
Thank you

This might help?

–Not A Lawyer

I will check it out. Thank you.

You can find information on the Union County courthouse here: