Changing Counties

My husband and I have be separated for over a year. Divorce papers have not been filed. We both live in Wake County; however, I am having to move to another county. Do I still file in Wake or do I have to file in the new county?

As long as you reside in North Carolina, you can file for divorce in any county where either party is located.