WIFE wont let me see my kids

my wife and i do not have any sort of court orders between us yet and she wont let me see or talk to my kids. can she legally do that? i dont even know where they are living at.
she has also had 2 more kids whom arent mine and i got served with papers saying i owe support for all 5 kids.

You will need to file a custody action against your wife so you can have court ordered custody and visitation time with your children. You will want to allege in your custody complaint that she is withholding the children and keeping them from you. You should give specific examples of this as well.

For the child support action, you need to contest the paternity. You are presumed to be the legal father since the children were born while you and your wife are legally married, but the court cannot require you to pay child support for any children that are not biologically yours or legally adopted by you.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.