Written Agreement

Dear lastboyscout02:

Greetings. Yes, a notarized agreement will work, but remember that either of you can always go to the court to have child custody and child support set or modified. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Hello I’m new to this forum but, I have some questions I would like answered. The basics: I’m a single father and have my daughter and her mother living with me. Our relationship is on the rocks but, we have been able to work out monetary support in the past without using the courts. My quesiton is this is there anyway that a certified document that we both agree on and have notorized stand up in court if it comes down to it?

C. Tyler