Agreement on child support


It sounds to me like you took the cheap way out. A notarized agreement means nothing. A notary isn’t a judge. And since you have no adjudicated agreement between you, you really are up against a wall. I would immediately hire an attorney and draw up a separation agreement in the county you live in. Without one you are at the mercy of this woman who clearly is not working in the best interests of her children by keeping you from them. Her conduct is malicious.


Dear thisismetimbrown:

Greetings. How is she raising the amount you pay? Is she doing that through an agreement?

As far as her leaving the state with the children, it is too late for you to do anything about that, but you can file a claim for custody in the state where the children live and get her help you pay the travel costs so that you can see your children. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


me and my x wife was able to agree on something and have it notarized as far as child support.
I was to pay her 100.00 a month i have 2 kids 1 is 15 and the other is 19 now we have been divorced now for 2 years.
sence then she has raised it to 160.00 then she raised it to 200.00 and im just paying it as she rises it ever time . well she lives in another state 800.00 miles from me and i have not seen my kids in 2 1/2 years now . she moved there before our divorce and i didnt want her to move because i knew i wouldnt see my kids no more for a long time, and i was right. im also carring the kids on my insurance at work . ive told the x wife that she can eather drop the child support back down or i was going to take them off my insurance and she can start carring them on hers . i just cant afford all this . she has said that she was going to take me to court to make things worse for me if i didnt do what she said. sence we have a agreement can she do that sence she agreed on the 100.00 a month from the start. and can she be held responsable for taking the kids away from me to another doing the best that i can with what money i make.and on top of all that the internal revenue is garnishing my wages for taxes i owe and i dont bring home alot of money and i have medicines to buy for myself as well because im a diabedic. she also makes alot more money then i do and she is remarried now as well.
I just dont know what to do please give me some info to help me out on what i can do here thanks