Court ordered LEGAL and court FEES

I borrowed money for attorneys for DBB divorce which has been going on and going nowhere for over a year now. Married over 10 yrs. I’m 77 with disabilities and in financial pits and encumbered with debt, not having even a first time hearing with Judge. Husband has well over a million$. No prenup. A very cagey, conniving, underhanded evil doer. Husband has audacity in his counter claim wanting ME to pay his legal and court fees.
First attorney who burned up my 6k borrowed money doing me a disservice said who pays what attorney and court fees are not determined til very end of case.
IS THIS SO? are there any exceptions if that is the rule?
My present attorney has a bad habit, lacking communication. NOT GOOD with PSS hearing upcoming vital for me to prevail. I paid her 1500.
I HAVE NO MEANS to pay further for proper counsel in a fight for my survival.
What can I do? What can be done, if anything?
Going Pro se in a contentious DBB would put me at a grave disadvantage. One of my disabilities is anxiety/panic disorder from chronic trauma. Have to see a therapist every week, and Phd psychiatrist for medication. A bad spot to be in if I am forced to go pro se and try to play attorney

Attorney’s fees are ruled on at the end of a hearing assuming a motion or claim for attorney’s fees for that hearing are pending.

For example, a motion/claim for attorney’s fees for postseparation support would be ruled on at the end of a postseparation support hearing. Your attorney will need to prepare an attorney’s fee affidavit that will be admitted into evidence at the hearing.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.