1 year seperation kids living

Dear lax67:

Greetings. You already know what you must do. You must file a custody action. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I live in NC but my future ex-wife has moved the kids up to Colubus, OH. I agreed to this but she has started to date another person and has all but moved in with him. The kids are living there with him and her. I did not agree to this at all and I have told her this already.
I still have as much perental rights as per to our sepration. Can she live with this person and the kids too? We have been sepreated (Filed in Concord NC) for about 4 months now, we seprated due to not being able to get along, nothing else. No drugs, abuse, drinking, cheating, after 8 years she and I could not see eye to eye. I have set up daycare in the house I own if I can get the kids back for good. I told her that I do not even want child support from her. All I want is the kids to have a normal or as close to normal life. Right now they are to be living with her parents, in one bedroom. I have a house and I feel a better way of life for them. I have a job that pays me very well, and she only makes about $450-$500. per month. Her car payment and ins adds up to that. She only works 3 days a week, and sometimes 4 when she fills in. Her mom is on disablity, and her grandmother is up in her years. Great people but if something was to happen I would nerver forgive myself. What can I do.

Thanks for your help.