17 year old without a home

THis forum is really about divorce law. Have you contacted the local child protective services? DSS?

Dear diupmt:

Greetings. Have the 17 year old see an attorney about becoming emancipated and/or contact Child Protective Services in your county. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I know a 17 year old kid, who’s mother lives in Japan, and his father lives in Las Vegas. The boy was, until recently, lived with another family here in North Carolina. He was kicked out of the house of the family he was living with and now has no place to go. He is dating my neighbor, but her family will not allow him to stay with them. I let him stay the night at my place, but I don’t know what to do with him now. I am 21 in the military and I am leaving the country in 4 months. But I don’t want to put him on the street, or in some kind of center. I want to make sure he finishes school also. What can I do for him?