A problem ... need advice


Yes, he should call the sherriff, produce a copy of his separation agreement, and the sherriff will execute the order for him.


Dear cmc1209:

Greetings. If they have a court order, he needs to continue to document her violations and file a Motion and Order to Show Cause for each one. The judge will enforce the order and possible change custody because of it. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have a friend is having some problem with his visitation agreement with his ex-wife.

He is currently under a temporary order that was entered into 2 years ago. They went to mediation after their divorce, but his ex was unwilling to comply with the orignal agreement. he took her to court and entered into a temporary order that would allow him to see his daughter every other weekend from sat 7pm until sun 7pm. However, in the 2 years his ex has still denied him visitation and when he does see her, she only lets him see her from sun 10am sun 7pm (basically 18hours a month!

recently they came to an agreement that they have signed and are awaiting a judges signiture … but when he called to ask for his daughter his wife said no, and would not allow him to see her.

he has in the past filed motions for contempt but nothing has changed. his ex continues to violate the orders and he is at the end of his rope. do you have any advice on what he should do?