AA and CC Judgment Enforcement

When you receive a judgment for criminal conversation and/or alienation of affection, how is that judgment enforced?

Assume the person the judgment is against is not very wealthy. The only thing they own out right is one vehicle, they have a very small savings and they owe for their home. Will they be forced to sell their belongings or will their wages be garnished or could the judgment never be satisfied?

Thanks in advance for any clarity on this.

A judgment for Alienation of Affection or Criminal Conversation is like any other judgment, therefore assets can be seized and sold, and bank accounts can be levied, but wages cannot be garnished, that only happens when taxes are owed to the government, or there is outstanding unpaid child support.

Can personal items be seized? Like house hold items, 4 wheelers, tools? Someone told me only real estate.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance.

Unless the judgment itself precludes the seizure of personal property it should be allowed.

Thank you Erin for the information and the public services you all provide here. I’m certain I am not alone in my appreciation.

God bless.

You are very welcome. I sincerely wish you the best.