After almost a year of separation, my wife claims to have a lawyer and I am being served for abandonment. I have not received any papers yet. After many years I left because she was becoming a danger to me. She has been smoking and burning holes in the carpet now for about five years. She has been in rehab for alcohol. Before that she was on cocaine, and after the alcohol she was on pot. I have tried to be patient over the years with her addictions and could not take any more. Has now been on disability and now legally, heavy drugs (fibromialgia) for 2 years after applying 2 times before in the past. She is so addicted that I had to peel her off the kitchen, bathroom, livingroom table etc…floor at least once a week in the morning on my way to work. No sex for 2 years. (not because she wouldnt but because I didnt want to do it with a drug stuppered person) I went to bed every night wondering if it was gonna be my last…she wouldnt quit smoking and became a danger to me and anyone that stayed with us. I left her a letter and a proposal giving here the two houses. I kept the boat and my car. All house hold assets…furniture and stuff of 14 years marriage for her also. And she keep her car. Assets proposed gave her more monetarily than what I walked away with. Oh she called the police to report me missing…after reading my letter.
- was it illegal for her to call police and report me as a missing person?
- can she claim abandonment?
- I dont want her to come to my residence for anything, am I allowed to provide only a postal box number for our correspondence?
- I have no job. She has known for 2 years that I was going to quit my job, will this help me when she files against me for allimony? (we were going to live on the boat, me doing odd jobs from time to time, the whole time in planning she claimed to be weaning herself off drugs) Obviously I changed my mind, fearful she would fall off the boat in the night and then I would be suspect in her disappearence.
- Will the court give me any relief, knowing that I gave her both houses…one in wich to live in and the 2nd to rent out for income.