Sounds like you need to start reading some of the materials here on the site. We have lots of information about how this process works. Take a look and we will be more than happy to try to answer your questions.

If your husband took your separate property you can get it back and can get attorney fees up to the value of the property for having to seek its return. Criminal charges are generally not available in these situations.

Abandonment is an issue in an alimony case only. Read more about alimony to gain a further understanding of this issue.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband up and left last week and I have not heard from him and he took a lot of my stuff. How do I get it back? Can I file charges against him? Is this considered abandonment?