Absolute Divorce Process


When filing the necessary paperwork for Absolute Divorce, is it possible for the other party to join me, and sign something w/ the Clerk of Courts rather than being served w/ the paperwork? This seems like it would be a quicker alternative than waiting for Certified Mail, especially since the divorce is fairly amicable at this point.



The other party must be served in order for the court to have jurisdiction over them in granting the divorce.
North Carolina law does not provide for a joint petition for divorce.