Serving of divorce papers

you can do certified mail which then requires an affidavit of service form…

Two options: 1) mail, certified, return receipt requested or 2) service by sheriff. What you can do is provide the deputy with a phone number of your spouse, and ask the deputy to call the opposing party to see if he will agree to go to the sheriff’s dept and pick up the documents. That way, he can choose the time that he’s served and avoid embarrassment.

David L. McGuire
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

In north carolina…is serving by deputy the only option for divorce papers? I’m hoping to choose a less embarassing way to serve them.